[Live-devel] frame-specific header patches

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Feb 8 03:25:55 PST 2005

>As a followup to the below, I think if the use(...) method in
>BufferedPacket were protected and virtual, it would solve the
>timestamp-per-frame issue by allowing subclasses to recalculate the timestamp.

Actually, I think the best solution for this (making RTP sources return
correct timestamps for multiple frames packed within a single RTP packet)
would be to redefine the existing "nextEnclosedFrameSize()" virtual
function to return a frame duration (by default, 0), and to have
"BufferedPacket::use()" add this duration onto its "fPresentationTime"
(after setting the "presentationTime" to be returned).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>