[Live-devel] Bug in RTP-Info header ( RTSPServer.cpp )

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Feb 14 21:55:09 PST 2005

>I think there is a bug in the generation of "rtptime" item, the timestamp
>should be unsigned, the correction is to use %u instead of %d in the
>format string. This could be the cause of the problems with quicktime
>player (patch 2004.10.28).

FYI, it turns out that - even with this fix - QuickTime Player still has
problem with playing streams from the LIVE.COM RTSP server implementation,
if the "rtptime" field is included in the RTSP "RTPInfo:" header.  The
problem occurs when you seek within a stream.  (You can currently
demonstrate this by streaming from WAV audio files.)

After issuing a new "PLAY" command (to do the seek), the RTSP server
responds with a "PLAY" response, with a "RTPInfo:" header.  But, for some
reason, QuickTime Player stops playing if a (correct) "rtptime" field is
included.

I suspect that this is (yet another) bug in QuickTime Player.  Until this
issue is resolved, the inclusion of a "rtptime" field in the "RTPInfo:"
field will remain optional, and disabled by default.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>