[Live-devel] How is live.com library support multithread situation in DirectShow Filter?

Mike Yan mikey at tlcwatch.com
Fri Feb 18 14:53:15 PST 2005

Hi All,

I currently implement live.com's livemedia library to work with DirectShow
filter.

But I have one problem to launch live.com library. For the filter, the
live.com's library cannot work with it in same thread for it's blocking the
whole application. So I create one new thread to launch live.com's library
in order to avoid the blocking problem. For doing that, it give me another
problem that once the live.com's library is launched the whole filter takes
100% CPU usage and never produce any data to downstream filter. If I comment
the live.com's code out, the CPU usage goes back to normal state.

I think it's caused by live.com's library does not work well in multi-thread
situation. How to solve it?

Does anybody experience this scenario before?

Please help me on this and many thanks to you.