[Live-devel] Streaming from a live camera

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Feb 20 19:26:53 PST 2005

>Unfortunetely this does not work. Do you see anything wrong?

No, but you haven't said anything about what you're doing with the data
from your "MpegSource" class.  I.e., what filter and sink classes are you
feeding it into?

>The encoder variable is an XviD MPEG4 video encoder that encodes the
>frames from my camera, settnig fTo to the encoded frame and returning
>the size of the encoded frame.

You should be feeding this data into a "MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer",
and from that to a "MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink".

>Also, is it possible with LIVE.com to dynamically add streams to the
>RTSP server.

Yes, using "RTSPServer::addServerMediaSession()".  (To remove a stream,
call "RTSPServer::removeServerMediaSession()".)

>Is it possible to have one RTSP server running
>and adding (or removing) a stream (let's say the output of a certain
>vision algorithm) to it whenever a client request it (the request will
>be managed by my acquisition server wich will then communicate with
>the LIVE thread).

If by "request a stream", you mean using RTSP (i.e., using a "rtsp://"
URL), then no, because all RTSP server processing must be done by the RTSP
server.  Also, there's currently no mechanism in the code that allows a
RTSP server - in response to a new RTSP "DESCRIBE" command - to add a new
"ServerMediaSession" to the server.

If, however, by "request a stream", you mean using some other protocol
(i.e., not RTSP), then yes, you can do this.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>