[Live-devel] Dynamically change session parameters (transcode)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Feb 23 12:36:28 PST 2005

>I'd like to know how the LIVE.COM libraries manage RTP payload changes or
>other changes in session parameters (video size, framerate, etc.) during a
>RTP transfer. For example: change video/audio codec during transmission.
>Can this be done at the server and client sides?

Unfortunately the current code does not support more than one RTP payload
format within a single RTP stream (either sending or receiving).

However, codec parameter changes within a *single* RTP payload format
(e.g., size, framerate, etc.) are usually independent of RTP, and should be
supported OK.  (E.g., MPEG headers are carried 'as is' within RTP packets,
so any parameter changes that show up in MPEG headers will be OK.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>