[Live-devel] Problem of multi streamers with same mutil-cast address and port number.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Feb 24 11:53:34 PST 2005

At 09:36 AM 2/23/05, you wrote:
>I have succeeded to use LiveMedia to implement a streamer and a receiver.
>However, my case is for several parts to talk together. The requirement is
>to use only one mutil-cast address (include port number). What is the
>interface in LiveMedia for the receiver to distinguish data from different
>streamers in different PCs, when using the same multi-cast IP and Port?

The standard way to do this is using the RTP "SSRC" field in each incoming
RTP packet to distinguish between different senders.

Unfortunately, however, this isn't well-supported in the current LIVE.COM
code, because the code currently assumes a single sequence number space
shared by all incoming packets, rather than one sequence number space for
each sender SSRC.

However, for now you can probably get what you want by:
1/ Calling MultiFramedRTPSource::setPacketReorderingThresholdTime(0) on the
RTP source, just after it's created, and
2/ Have your receiving code call "RTPSource::lastReceivedSSRC()" whenever
it gets new data, to get the receiver's "SSRC" (that it can use to
demultiplex the incoming data, based on sender).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>