[Live-devel] Recording from a standalone network streaming camera

Morten Kähler morten at kaehler.net
Fri Feb 25 10:00:59 PST 2005

I would like to use some of the standart test code for recording the
streaming from one of the cheap stand alone network surveillance cameras
available today – e.g. from Linksys or Trust. This way I won’t be dependent
on the software package.

Does anybody have any experience with something like this, and does anybody
know what formats and protocols the different producers use for streaming
from their cameras (I think the information on the producers homepages is
not very informative in this area)

Regards

Morten Kähler