[Live-devel] ThresholdFilter

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Feb 25 12:23:33 PST 2005

>my application records from a microphone and sends the data via multicast.
>Now i want to send data only if someone speaks. I derived my filterclass
>from  FramedFilter. In that class i'm analysing every frame and decide if
>i want to send it or not.
>And now my question: If a frame is not going to be sent, how can i do that?

Your class's "doGetNextFrame()" function should arrange for
"FramedSource::afterGetting()" to be called *only if* there new data has
been delivered.  In any other case, "doGetNextFrame()" should just return.

For an example of how to write a data source class, see
"liveMedia/DeviceSource.cpp".

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>