[Live-devel] Implementing error correction

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jan 12 11:57:51 PST 2005

>1. Should I be using the TransportStream instead of the ProgramStream?

I don't know enough about your proposed FEC scheme to say for sure, but if
you're planning to use it only for video frames, then it sounds like you
should be using Program Streams, because they are easier than Transport
Streams to generate the video Elementary Stream from.

>2. Does the MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer return MPEG Video Frames
>(I,P,B)?

No.  It returns parts of frames: headers - Video Sequence Headers, GOP
Headers, Picture Headers - and slices.

>  Since I need to calculate priority values for each slice (and
>eventually protect the packets that contain high priority slices)  I
>need go through each frame as an image. Will I be able to do that
>using the MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer?

Yes, because (as noted above) the "MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer" returns
discrete slices (and headers), you should be able to process them fairly
easily.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>