[Live-devel] debugging in gdb

Hussain conundrums at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:48:08 PST 2005

Ross, hello.

Does one need to compile live.com media libraries in a particular way
to be able to debug with gdb.  I know that in VLC you have to
configure it with a --enable-debug option.

When I run VLC under the gdb debugger, I cannot seem to set any break
points in the live.com media libraries. When I try to set a break
point in one of the codes (i.e. H264VideoRTPSource) I get the
following message,
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n])
I hit yes, but some how gdb does not break at those points.

I know this might be a silly question but I just had to ask, so please
bear with me. I just can't figure out how to get it working with gdb
:(

Thanks.
Hussain