Re Re: [Live-devel] Parser/MP3 audio question

Brian Ciemian ciemian at comcast.net
Tue Jan 18 15:32:16 PST 2005

>Brian,
>
>In general, once someone has modified the supplied code, we can't provide
>tech support for free.  (If you are interested in paid consulting help for
>your project, please let me know, by separate email.)

>However, a quick look at your error report suggests that your
>"MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer" object is trying to read data from an invalid
>address.  About the only way this can happen (unless you have a memory
>smash somewhere else that's totally screwing things up) is if - in your
>"MicMP3SoundSource::doGetNextFrame()" implementation - you set "fFrameSize"
>to an incorrect value, before you called "FramedSource::afterGetting()".

>You may also wish to take a look at "DeviceSource.cpp", which is a template
>for how to write your own source class.

I haven't modied any Live.com code. I am just using the library.
I did look at DeviceSource.cpp and followed its example exactly.
Maybe you missed this part of my original post. I am not setting anything in
doGetNextFrame() because a frame is not ready...so my deliverFrame() is not
being called(which is where all the f**** stuff is set.  My code works fine
when there is always data ready right off the bat. The problem only happens
when the first call to doGetNextFrame() doesn't copy data.

Brian