[Live-devel] Constructor in ServerMediaSession

Eric Peters epeters at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Tue Jan 25 15:29:34 PST 2005

Hi Ross,

I want to implement a distributed streaming server with NMM. I want to
reuse your RTSP Server implementation and I have new implemented
liveMedia sources which I can connect with NMM graphs.

I want to implement a subclass of a ServerMediaSession in which a NMM
graph can be build dynamically and distributed when a client request a
new RTSP session.

The new ServerMediaSession class can recognize by a given string the
media types and create automatically all needed ServerMediaSubsessions
(also new implemented subclasses). This new ServerMediaSession can be
added to the RTSP-Server.

Now my problem. The constructor of ServerMediaSession is declarated as
private. Is it possible to you to declarate this constructor as
protected to implement subclasses of ServerMediaSession?

Greetings
Eric