[Live-devel] trickplay related patches

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Wed Jan 26 17:21:45 PST 2005

Hello gang,

I'm attaching some patches for the trickplay effort that everyone seems
to be working on ;)

My main focus was on getting it working with liveMedia's RTSP test
server that comes with the liveMedia package. At the moment, liveMedia
only supports trickplay streaming for wav and mp3 files (and only ff
for mp3s). However, I did modify the wav.c demux just to get a sense of
rate-changed playback for local audio. This patch has been included as
well.

The liveMedia RTSP server does sample-based skipping (i.e., every 4th
sample for a 4x rate change), so the pitch naturally goes higher.
Unfortunately the wav.c demux gets the samples in chunks and I didn't
see a quick way to tell it to buffer data at the sample level, so the
expected inter-frame popping occurs. one way may be to just multiply
the buffer by a simple window.

All the patches (except livedotcom.cpp) are diffs against the 20050120
snapshot. The livedotcom.cpp includes the kasenna additions once posted
(but never committed) back in November, but unfortunately I don't
remember what the original base was.

Let me know if there are any issues. The changes focus on audio
streaming, so hopefully no video functionality has been affected ...

matt