[Live-devel] frame headers

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Thu Jan 27 18:54:36 PST 2005

Hi Ross,

Question about multi-frame packetizing due to having trouble keeping
track of buffer sizes.

Where is the best place to process frame-specific headers that must be
placed before each frame in a packet when there will be multiple
frames? While RTPSink's doSpecialFrameHandling gets called for every
frame, the setSpecialHeaderBytes puts all the data after the RTP
header.

My haunch is in a FrameSource's doGetNextFrame(), however I'm a bit
confused as to what values fPrefferedFrameSize/fMaxSize and fTo
correspond to; until now I have been assuming strictly raw data with no
such headers, so I'm concerned with buffer-overflows...

thanks,
matt