[Live-devel] PCM to PCM.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jan 27 13:36:27 PST 2005

At 01:25 PM 1/27/05, you wrote:
>I'm trying to transform "TestMP3Streamer" and "TestMP3Receiver" into
>"PCMStreamer" and "PCMReceiver".

Instead, I suggest that you use "testWAVAudioStreamer" as a model (for the
'streamer' application), because it already streams PCM audio

>  The following problems I have encountered:
>
>1.   Is "SimpleRTPSource" and "SimpleRTPSink"  the right pair I should choose?

Yes.

>  2.  There is AudioInputDevice for recording, but where is
> AudioOutputDevice for playbacking?

There currently isn't one.

>  If I have to write one, which class I should inherit?

You will need to write your own "MediaSink" to encapsulate your audio
output device.  (You may wish to use "FileSink" as a model.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>