[Live-devel] RTSP describe for RAW/UDP

Gopinadhan Gautam gautamvsg at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 18:02:11 PST 2005

> >After the SDP response is returned, the RTSP SETUP
> >command from the rtsp library however still
> requests
> >for a RTP/AVP stream. This is a bug I believe.
>
> Well, the real 'bug' is that your server is
> non-standard.  It should really
> be fixed to stream using RTP.

Since RTSP Standard is independent of RTP and most of
our clients use MPEG-2 TS do not use RTP as some
transport functionality is duplicated ( as is becoming
common in the Mpeg-2 TS market). Although we would
like to support RTP for MPEG-2 TS we dont see that
requirement atleast currently. However, it is quite
different for MPEG-4 at least for lower bit rates.

> However, you can try changing the "if" statement at
> lines 749-751 of
> "liveMedia/RTSPClient.cpp" from:
>      if (fServerIsKasenna && fKasennaContentType !=
> NULL &&
>          (strncmp(fKasennaContentType, "MPEG-2", 6)
> == 0 ||
>           strncmp(fKasennaContentType, "MPEG-1", 6)
> == 0)) {
> to:
>      if (strcmp(subsession.protocolName(), "UDP") ==
> 0) {
>
> Maybe this will give you what you want.  I dunno...

Yes it will.. Thanks for the same. Though it would be
great to see this folded in the main tree as well.

Thanks,
Gautam.