[Live-devel] Re:Re: Problem about on-demand unicast live streaming m4v

worm520 worm520 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:32:42 PDT 2005

>>Actually, it works well if I save the output of the encoder as
>>test.m4v and run the testOnDemandRTSPServer. However, I cannot figure
>>out why the behavior is abnormal if the output file serves as the
>>stdin of the program

>That's strange.  The following two things should behave identically (if
>you've set
>"reuseFirstSource" to "True"):
>1/ Setting
>         inputFileName = "test.m4v";
>     and running
>         testOnDemandRTSPServer
>     and
>2/ Setting
>         inputFileName = "stdin";
>     and running
>         testOnDemandRTSPServer < test.m4v
>What operating system are you running?

I am running on Fedora Core 3. To confirm the problem again, I tried
it on another machine (also FC3) with other types of media like mp3.
This time, the problem still exists for m4v. Only the last few frames
are played. It seems that a lot frames are read but not sent. However,
it works successfully as expected when I run the testOnDemandServer on
mp3 files. The mp3 is played from the beginning to the end regardless
of how many player instances when reuseFirstSource = True. The result
gives me some confidence that there should be something wrong with the
m4v so that it cannot serves as stdin.

Another issue may relates to this problem that I should mention here:
The output bitstream of my encoder doesn't work with the library (ver.
2005.06.07) until the release of 2005.06.16. I guess this may be also
due to the stream parsing if the file is input as stdin.

I provide the file here and hope it helpful:
http://www.tanmax.com.tw/upload/test.m4v

BR.
Worm