[Live-devel] Server gets "400 Bad Request"?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jul 14 18:32:07 PDT 2005

>I found the following problem when I try to connect Amino RTSP client
>to live.com RTSP server.
>
>In the client side, I input:
>"rtsp://192.168.253.30:8554/mpeg1or2AudioVideoTest".

To stream to an Amino set-top box, the data file that you're streaming must
be a MPEG-2 Transport Stream file, *not* a Program or Elementary Stream
file.  (If you're using "testOnDemandRTSPServer" to stream the file, the
file must be named "test.ts".)

(Most ".mpg" files are Program Stream files, not Transport Stream
files.  "testOnDemandRTSPServer" can stream such files, but unfortunately
the Amino set-top box will not be able to play the stream.)

Also, the Amino set-top box must be configured to use "NCube Media Server"
mode (not "Oracle" mode, and certainly not "Kasenna" mode).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>