[Live-devel] OnDemand live input

Scott Hays sdhays at neon.com.tw
Fri Jul 22 17:58:11 PDT 2005

I created a subclass of OnDemandServerMediaSubsession based on
MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession to take in live input from my
DeviceSource-based class.  The only changes to the functionality of
MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession were in the createNewStreamSource
function; it creates a new instance of my source class and passes it to a new
MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer object which is then returned.

The class sets reuseFirstSource to True, but its createNewStreamSource
function gets called for every new client.  Is this correct behavior (I'm
guessing it's not because the FAQ says "This tells the server to use the same
input source object, even if more than one client is streaming from the
server concurrently.")?  Tracing through the code shows that in
OnDemandServerMediaSubsession::getStreamParameters, fLastStreamToken is NULL,
so the "Normal case" code is executed.  Could you give me a clue as to why
that might be?  I'm using the 2005.07.21 release.

Scott