[Live-devel] [BUG] malloc crash

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jul 26 13:33:25 PDT 2005

>I've changed the behaviour of mplayer, putting the audio decoding
>and ready in another thread, but it doesn't
>look like a problem cause by this, since liveMedia is thread safe (true?).

No.  See <http://www.live.com/liveMedia/faq.html#threads>  However,
if all of the interaction with the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code
occurs within one thread, then there won't be a problem.

>I'm running the library and mplayer
>on an ARM platform. I can't reproduce it on x86 unfortunately.
>
>I hope you will be able to check it, or advise me how to bypass this
>crash, this could be an important bug into the
>library.
>I can provide any other information you may need.

If you're running Linux, then I suggest that you run
"valgrind".  I've found that it's good for finding the cause of
crashes like this.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>