[Live-devel] playSIP (proxy authentification and registration) and other things

Timo Steuerwald timo.steuerwald at gmx.de
Wed Jul 27 19:12:42 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a question to the playSIP application or rather the underlying
SIP stack.
I have an account for testing purposes that needs previous registration
and after this also an authentification at the proxy server.
As far as I can see via Ethereal playSIP don't do this. At the end I'll
get failure 407 Proxy Authentification Required.
Am I right, that these functions are currently not part of the LIVE.COM
SIP stack?
Is it right that I can use the LIVE.COM Streaming Media library for a
typical voice-over-IP application without getting into trouble because
it's not thread safe?

What is a good starting point to learn more about the LIVE.COM Streaming
Media library? - I thought it might be a good idea to write a
counterpart to playSIP that is for sending data ("sendSIP").

Cheers,

Timo