[Live-devel] AAC Audio

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Jun 3 11:24:16 PDT 2005

>Could I use the ByteStreamFileSource to read the AAC
>audio file (.aac)?  or Should I implement a class to
>provide aac audio frames to the Sink?

The class that delivers data to the sink will need to deliver single,
discrete frames.  Therefore, "ByteStreamFileSource", by itself, will not be
sufficient, unless the AAC frames are all fixed-length.

If the AAC frames are not fixed length, then you would need to insert a new
'framer' class - after the "ByteStreamFileSource" - that parses the byte
stream into (variable-length) AAC frames.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>