[Live-devel] Problems with more than one client and RTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jun 13 07:20:07 PDT 2005

>This works very well if I stream multicast or use only one client. Or if I
>stream from a file and each client rereads the file from the beginning.
>Now when
>I connect more than one client the first client runs forward with high quality
>but all clients connected afterwards are synchronous stuttering.

Note that if you want to deliver a single input stream, replicated to
multiple unicast clients (rather than creating a new input stream for each
new client), then your server should set the "reuseFirstSource" parameter
to "True" when it creates the instance of the
"OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" subclass.

(See the code for "testOnDemandRTSPServer" for an example of this.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>