[Live-devel] About data flow

Li bz paul_li20 at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Jun 14 01:05:14 PDT 2005

Hi, Ross,

I have one question about data flow from source -->
Filter ----> Sink.

When I run the testMPEG2TransportStreamer.exe
application, I noticed that in FrameSource.cpp, the
getNextFrame function call virtual function
doGetNextFrame, the first time it calls the
MPEG2TransportStreamerFramer::doGetNextFrame, in fact,
this function just calls FrameSource::getNextFrame
again, so getNextFrame function then calls
doGetNextFrame again, however, the second time it
calls ByteStreamFileSource::doGetNextFrame, this just
exactly confirm the data flow as you say in the FAQ!
However, I am a little confused about it. I can not
understand how the second time the virtual function
doGetNextFrame in FrameSource.cpp just call the
ByteStreamFileSource::doGetNextFrame, not
MPEG2TransportStreamerFramer::doGetNextFrame?(sure
which will cause loop)? Please give me some idea.
Thank you very much. Maybe it is a stupid problem, I
need your kind help.

Paul