[Live-devel] Sync problems with dvb-t streams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jun 13 11:44:59 PDT 2005

>I've got a question. I'm working together with Heintje Mueller on a project.
>We got a DVB-T card for input of audio/video streams. We first tried 2 use
>es streams for video/audio but didn't get it sync :( So we want to try to
>use two PES-streams (one for audio, one for video). (no, we can't just cut
>the pes header and use es !?)

Why not?  In your input source class's "doGetNextFrame()", just do
something like
         fFrameSize = PES_packet_size - PES_header_size;
         memmove(fTo, &dataPtr[PES_header_size], fFrameSize);
instead of
         fFrameSize = PES_packet_size;
         memmove(fTo, dataPtr, fFrameSize);

>  We didn't find a solution :( Is there any
>class in liveMedia which allows us to use PES ?

Well, you could use "MPEG2TransportStreamFromPESSource", which generates a
Transport Stream.  (See the code for the "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" demo
application.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>