AW: [Live-devel] Sync problems with dvb-t streams

Michael Golebski golebski at webcoderz.net
Wed Jun 15 01:36:52 PDT 2005

Hi Ross !
First of all, we are not a company but only a group of students working on a
project about streaming in wireless networks.

>OK, so deliver just the ES data (i.e., without the PES header), as I
>suggested in my last email, *but also* set "fPresentationTime" based on the

>timestamp in the PES header.  You will also need to set the
>"syncWithInputSource" to "MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer::createNew()" to True.

Can we simply take the timestamp from the PES (looks different from the
PresentationTime which is only the unixtime of the system) and use it as the
PresentationTime or do we have to recalculate it?
I think it's not trivial at all because we only have a buffered source and
not a framed source and so the allocation of a PTS to the according data
might be a problem.

>Also (and here's where it gets tricky), you will need to modify
>"MPEGVideoStreamFramer::continueReadProcessing()" (*both versions*) so that

>"MPEG1or2VideoStream Framer" can correctly use the presentation time that
>it was passed, rather than computing the presentation time from the video
>ES's internal timestamps.

Just to be sure - the internal timestamps of an ES are not for syncing audio
and video, right?

Greets
Michael