[Live-devel] testMP3Streamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Jun 19 09:02:19 PDT 2005

>I work on a mp3player. Now i'd like to stream live mp3. i watch the
>testMP3Streamer. What do we have to do to stream the output of the
>soundcard ?? Do we just have to change inputfilename to "stdin" ??

Yes, provided, of course, that (i) your sound card outputs encoded MP3
audio (not just raw PCM), and (ii) your sound card is available on
'stdin'.  However, neither of these (especially (i)) is likely to be the
case :-)

Instead, you will need to run something like (assuming you're on a Unix
system):
         some_MP3_encoder < your_sound card | testMP3Streamer
(after changing "inputFileName" to "stdin").

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>