AW: AW: [Live-devel] Sync problems with dvb-t streams

Michael Golebski golebski at webcoderz.net
Sun Jun 19 19:13:30 PDT 2005

Hi Ross!

Well, we did it the following:
we took the PES-Streams (Audio and Video) from the dvb-card, passed them
through the mpeg-demuxer (MPEG1or2Demux::createNew(..)), got the pts from
there (we just saved the pts_remainingbits) and set these timestamps as
"fTimestampBase" in "RTPSink::convertToRTPTimestamp".

Also, we modified the RTCP.cpp to set the current PTS in the RTCP-Packets.

Well, source gets sync, but VLC often says "pts!=current_date or
current_pts!=last_pts" and so video freezes every time the message appears.

I think the NTP in the RTCP packets is not correct and should also be
replaced by the timebase from the transport stream.

Have you got some hints how to get it now working properly?

Kind regards,
Michael