[Live-devel] Received Frames not written.

Chandra Raghavan chandrashekar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:00:55 PDT 2005

Hi Ross:
Is there a similar issue in the MPEG1or2VideoRTPSources? I have modified the
code on both the Sink and the Source and have been facing a similar issue.
However, I assumed it to be a problem with my code.
Chandrashekar(Chandra)

On 6/27/05, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live.com> wrote:

> >I am using mpeg4 encoder (ffmpeg coder), essentially .m4v file. I have
> not
> >noticed this loss when there is no loss due to network at all.
>
> The current code doesn't handle packet loss in incoming MPEG-4 RTP streams
> as well as it could. In particular, if the last packet of a fragmented
> frame (indicated by the RTP "M" bit) is lost, then the packets that make
> up
> the next frame will be discarded also.
>
> Try making the following change, which I think will improve things:
>
> In "MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource.cpp", line 49:
>
> Replace:
> fCurrentPacketBeginsFrame = fCurrentPacketCompletesFrame;
> // whether the *previous* packet ended a frame
> with
> fCurrentPacketBeginsFrame
> = fCurrentPacketCompletesFrame // the *previous* packet
> ended a frame
> || (packet->dataSize() >= 4 && (packet->data())[0] == 0
> && (packet->data())[1] == 0 && (packet->data())[2] == 1);
>
> Please let us know if that makes a difference.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> LIVE.COM <http://LIVE.COM>
> <http://www.live.com/>

_ /\ _ Chandrashekar
\ oo / National University of Singapore
/_ _\ Computer Engineering
\/ Class of 2005

Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life- think of it
dream of it, live on that idea. - Swami Vivekananda