[Live-devel] Real time transcoding

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Mar 4 12:37:48 PST 2005

>Could I use WinRTP to build a real-time audio transcoder? That means, an
>application that receives an audio RTP stream, converts the incoming audio
>format to another one, and sends the converted audio stream on another RTP
>stream.

"WinRTP" is not our product.

However, if you really meant to say "the LIVE.COM Streaming Media
software", then yes, you could build such a transcoder by writing a new
'filter' class (i.e., derived from "FramedFilter") that does the
transcoding.  You could then insert an object of this new class between a
"RTPSource" (which receives RTP) and a "RTPSink" (whcih sends RTP).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>