[Live-devel] Streaming AVI files

Srinivas Tatavarty tatavarty at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:47:21 PST 2005

Hi Ross,

I have couple of questions:

1) How can i stream AVI files? Is there any sample program to stream AVI files?
If i have to create my own class can you please guide me? Basically i
want to use the testOnDemandRTSPServer to stream AVI files also.

2) As Quick Time player is not able to play the MP3 files is ther any
other way to stream the MP3 files? like converting the format to WAV
and send it?

3) I am in need of a simple RTSP client with GUI which can support
different media formats and also should be able to play the streams
sent using RTSP/RTP with LIVE.COM libraries. Is any of the sample
programs can help in this? I checked the VLC player which is
supporting live.com libraries. But the code is too huge. I need a
simple player.

Can you please guide me in the above?

Regards,
Srinivas