[Live-devel] Question on test program testOnDemandRTSPServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Mar 8 00:56:15 PST 2005

>I've built the libraries and the test app testOnDemandRTSPServer, and it
>works very well. The only problem I have is that Windows media player as
>well as Winamp passes a GET message to the server and the server does not
>handle this.

Windows Media Player should not be used; it does not properly support the
RTSP protocol.  (Do you really expect Microsoft software to support open
standards? :-)

You can use Winamp to play *MP3* RTSP/RTP streams, if you install the
"in_rtp.dll" Winamp plugin: <http://www.live.com/multikit/winamp-plugin.html>

IMHO, the best standards compliant media player is VLC
<http://www.videolan.org/vlc/>.  Apple's QuickTime Player will also play
most media types (but not MP3 RTP streams).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>