[Live-devel] how to identify about frame type(I, P, B)?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Mar 9 11:27:52 PST 2005

>I am using testOnDemandRTSPServer and openRTSP. I need to know about
>the frame type (I, P, B) before the packet can be sent at socket level
>i.e. sendto (). From where can I get this information?

Hammad,

Note that there's already a mechanism by which you can stream only I-frames
(when streaming MPEG-1 or 2 video).  Note the "iFramesOnly" variable in
"testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp".

The actual information about the type of each frame is obtained by the
appropriate 'framer' class, when it parses MPEG-1, 2 or 4 video data).  To
see this, run
         grep coding_type liveMedia/*Framer.cpp

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM