[Live-devel] Re: problem testRelay

adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 11:03:17 PST 2005

Hi Ross,

I have a interesting behaviour going on with my test of testRelay.
I have a 800Kb/s mpeg2_ts stream from a multicast address. When I relay it via
VLC to another multicast address, the network charge is as expected 2 *
800Kb/s = 1,6Mb/s
However, when I relay it via testRelay, the network charge goes up to
12Mb/s !! totally unreal. Of course, I still cannot view the relayed stream
from testRelay. I tried everything I could, different OS, different
machine .... I always get the same behavior.

What can be the reason ? I am totally clewless here.

Best regards
adrian