[Live-devel] B-Frame

Luca Zappella luca at filibusta.crema.unimi.it
Tue Mar 15 19:11:32 PST 2005

Hi Ross :)
here again, now my rtsp stream server it works, also thanks to you!
I still have two small problems:

1-When I set the fPresentationTime variable is better to use the
timestamp of the frame or the actual time? Between these two values
there is a small difference because after I've grabbed a frame I do some
others operations before to reach the rtsp server.

2-If I encode the stream as simple profile (in particular with no
B-Frame) it works but if I try to use an advanced simple profile (using
B-frame) the result, when I try to play it, is a video with a strange
behaviour: like if it receives the frames in the wrong order. It seems
that when VLC receive a B-Frame and it plays it immediately whithout
waiting next frame (I'm not sure of this, it's only a supposition).

Any ideas?

Thank again
Luca