[Live-devel] No video received at client side?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Mar 18 10:03:16 PST 2005

>I am streaming mpeg4 file.

Note that your "test.m4v" file will need to be a raw, elementary stream
MPEG-4 video file, not a 'MPEG-4 format' file.

>  Another thing which I found on the server
>side was getting ICMP destination unreachable (host administratively
>prohibited) message, after the communication is established i.e. RTSP.
>
>[root at lab2pc64 test]#  ../openRTSP -V -p 8000

Try omitting the "-p 8000".  This will let the client ("openRTSP") choose
its own ports.  (Perhaps you already have something else  - e.g. a web
server - using port 8000?)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>