[Live-devel] subclassing RTSPServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Mar 23 16:17:14 PST 2005

>I am interested in subclassing RTSPServer in order to take custom actions
>not designed to be subclassed, as function incomingConnectionHandler1 and
>class RTSPClientSession are declared private and the former
>non-virtual.  What is the recommended way to do this sort of customization?

Do you want to add handle new RTSP commands, or change the way that the
existing RTSP commands ("PLAY", "PAUSE" etc.) are handled.  If it's the
latter, then the best way to do this is using subclasses of
"ServerMediaSession" (*not* "RTSPServer").

Note that "ServerMediaSession" already defines virtual functions
"startStream()", "pauseStream()", etc., with subclasses of
"ServerMediaSession" implementing these.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>