[Live-devel] GStreamer Plugin

Flavio Oliveira flavyobr at yahoo.com.br
Tue Mar 29 16:11:09 PST 2005

Hi,

I am not sure if I get to put easily Live.com on GStreamer. The are some
issues involved in extending GStreamer. Elements are at the core of
GStreamer. In the context of plugin development, an element is an object
that provide some sort of functionality when linked with other elements:
For example, a source element provides data to a stream.

Sample:

  /* Get the main Srcs & sinks */
  v4lsrc = gst_element_factory_make ("v4lsrc", "movie_src");
  mpg_encoder = gst_element_factory_make ("mp3_parser", "mp3_parser");
  udp_sink = gst_element_factory_make ("udpsink", "udp_sink");
  g_object_set (G_OBJECT (udp_sink[i]), "host", "192.168.1.255, NULL);

We have three elements in the code above, the mp3_parser provide the data
to udp_sink sent to v4lsrc. The udp_sink is the network abstraction.
Could it be something like Groupsocket?

Regards, FLavio