[Live-devel] feedback from receiver

Kerim ISIK kisik at bimel.com.tr
Sun May 1 23:06:03 PDT 2005

Dear Ross,

I am streaming audio with testWavAudioStreamer and receiving it with VLC
Media Player.  If the receiving side is receiving the audio with much loss,
I want to stop the stream and start a new one with lower quality (I assume
it will decrease the loss rate). In testmp3Streamer.cpp , I had done this
decision in afterplaying() function using transmissionStats. Using
WindowsAuidoInputDevice as audio source , the afterplaying() function  in
testWavAudioStreamer  is never been called. Is there any way to call it
according to the RTCP RR reports received. Maybe I should change the
noteIncomingRR() function in  RTPSink.cpp but I could not manage it. (I
think the decision of changing the codec parameters must be done before
calling the stopPlaying function )
I will be so glad if you advise me how could I do it.

Kind Regards.

Kerim ISIK