[Live-devel] GSM and AMR

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri May 6 14:57:05 PDT 2005

>Why does the Quicktime player require a SDP file for multicast AMR
>stream? Has the SDP File informations required by AMR streaming?

Yes, of course.  Without a SDP description for the stream, how could
QuickTime Player (or any media player) possibly know:
- What multicast address is being used?
- What port number is being used?
- What RTP payload format (i.e., codec) is being used?

A media player needs a SDP description for the stream before it can play
it.  As I said before, the best way to get the SDP description is using
RTSP (by opening a "rtsp://" URL).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>