[Live-devel] How can client get the media list from rtsp server?

Chenweisi pkumoonheart at 163.com
Wed May 11 15:26:12 PDT 2005

hi :
    In our system, we want to get the media list at the client side.
    The server knows the media available well. And if the server can send a list to the client,
the client can choose the one to play.
    In our system, the server check all the media in /live/Media/ Directory firstly .
And we have implement some code to get the media names in /live/Media/ directory . We can
save all the media list as a file.We aim to tansmit the file as a bytefile stream for the client and
in client side, we run openrtsp to get the list. In this way, the client can get the media list.
The disadvantage of the method is that, we have to implement the /testprogs/openrtsp in client
and always run it to get the list.
    Is there any problem in the method and any better method are appreciated.