[Live-devel] 3gp implementation suggestions

Christian Alis ianalis at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:28:33 PDT 2005

> >I intend to transcribe my JPEG data into h.263
>
> Note that the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" libraries do not include any code
> for encoding, decoding, or transcribing between different audio/video
> codecs.  Instead, it supports streaming pre-encoded data only.  You would
> need to write the transcribing code yourself.

Okay, let me see if I got it right. To do what I want:
1. I need to create a VideoSource similar to JPEGVideoSource by
subclassing FramedSource. This new class will encode the continuously
updated jpeg's into h.263 and package them inside a 3gp container
2. Subclass VideoRTPSink into a 3gp video sink.  By modifying
testMPEG4VideoToDarwin and using the new classes in 1 and 2, I can now
stream using Darwin Streaming Server
3. If I want to create my own streaming server, I need to subclass
ServerMediaSubSession

Am I right or I got it all wrong?
--
Take back the web: www.getfirefox.com