[Live-devel] Bug Report: MPlayer with Live loses packets during RTP streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu May 19 09:09:00 PDT 2005

Debal,

The setting of the size of the UDP receive buffers is done in
"libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp" in the MPlayer source code.  Note the code that
sets "desiredReceiveBufferSize".

Currently, the video receive buffer size is set to ~2 MBytes.  You may wish
to increase this value.  (If you're running MPlayer on Linux, I think
there's also a system-wide setting that you need to change, but I forget
the details.)

Also, I suggest trying VLC <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/> instead of
MPlayer.  IMHO, VLC is a better player than MPlayer.  (Like MPlayer, VLC
also uses the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code for RTSP/RTP client support,
and sets the UDP receive buffer sizes in "modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp".)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>