[Live-devel] RAW_UDP format

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri May 20 11:43:17 PDT 2005

At 04:41 AM 5/20/05, you wrote:
>When the stream is sent in RAW_UDP format for an MPEG2 transport stream,
>what exactly does the packet format look like?
>
>Am I right in thinking that the format is simply "x amount of transport
>stream packets in a UDP packet"?

Yes, where 'x' is an integer.  I.e., each UDP packet contains 1 or more
(usually 7) 188-byte Transport Stream 'packet'.

>I am interested in how the amino box www.amincom.com wants the stream after
>sending an RTSP request with the transport format "MP2T/H2221/UDP" in the
>RTSP request header.

FYI, the LIVE.COM RTSP server implementation will successfully stream a
MPEG-2 Transport Stream file to an Amino set-top box - provided that it is
configured to use "NCube Media Server" mode (not "Oracle" mode, and
certainly not "Kasenna" mode).  (We have a major customer that is
developing a product that does this.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>