[Live-devel] Stream AAC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed May 25 03:22:29 PDT 2005

>I want to stream AAC using MPEG4GenericRTPSink.
>
>Supposing I obtain the AAC stream from a file using external libraries I'd
>like to know the correct way of setting up the RTP sink (what values
>should I pass in the parameters mpeg4Mode and configString of
>MPEG4GenericRTPSink and how to obtain these values).

(It's strange that so many people have been asking about streaming AAC
audio lately.)

But anyway:
- The "sdpMediaTypeString" parameter will be "audio"
- The "mpeg4Mode" parameter will be "AAC-hbr"
- The "configString" parameter will be the (hexadecimal encoding of the)
AudioSpecificConfig(), as defined in ISO/IEC 14496-3.  (See RFC 3640,
section 3.3.6.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>