[Live-devel] Do Live Support Multicast?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed May 25 09:48:59 PDT 2005

>          I am streaming MPEG1 movies over RTP using Fenice server and
> MPlayer with Live support as the client. I want multicast suppport.  I
> found server is ok with multicast but Live is not supporting multicast.
> Do live support multicast?

Yes, of course it does.  (Have you not read
<http://www.live.com/liveMedia/#testProgs>?)

Note that each of the test programs named "test*Streamer" stream via
multicast.  (In some cases, you will need to enable the program's built-in
RTSP server 'by hand' by uncommenting the line
         #define IMPLEMENT_RTSP_SERVER 1
before compiling.

If you're running a LIVE.COM RTSP client (e.g., "openRTSP", MPlayer, or
VLC), then you can see the full RTSP protocol exchange by giving it the
"-V" option.  This will tell you what is wrong (probably) with your server.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>