[Live-devel] RTSP Client and multicast with AXIS cameras

Federico Ares federico.ares at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:38:29 PST 2005

Hi DJ,

Thanks for your answer, you are right about the multicast address.

>>AAaaaa. now you have to phone them, stalk them, put them over your
>>knee and spank their monkey asses. If there is one IP address in the
>>entire multicast range which you should never use for multicasting
>>video/audio, then it is the 224.0.0.2 address. (This address is used
>>by the multicast routers).

The range from 224.0.0.0 to  224.0.0.255 is reserved for routing protocols.
My mistake, so I could spank myself, ... maybe later... lotta work to do.
I changed it, but still no good news.

>>"Try feeding the HTTP served SDP file to VLC. It should be able to
>>pass it along to liveMedia quite easily. In the Messages window you
>>should be able to follow the results of the SETUP and PLAY."

I cant quite figure out how to enter a SDP text into VLC. I guess you mean
without modifying the VLC code?

Greetings,

Federico