[Live-devel] Live Streaming to Nokia/RealPlayer with DarwinInjector

Simonsen, Erlend erlend.simonsen at aspiro.com
Fri Nov 4 08:44:27 PST 2005

Just thought I'd let you know, after trying things more and more at
random, I suddenly got my live AMR-NB & AMR-WB streams to play on the
Nokia 6680 & 6630 RealPlayer today.

I'm not exactly sure why, but it seems like it might be a DSS problem in
the QTSSReflector module. If I force liveMedias RTPSink to use a rtptime
& rtpseq starting from 0, and disable those two parameters from the
RTP-Info: header from DSS, it suddenly started to work for single-source
streams. Multi-source streams bug out the player with a "Illegal Address
Error" (roughly translated from Norwegian). If I try doing the same
thing with the cvs version of DSS, it no longer works.

I know it's quite a hack, but I did notice that Real Helix Server used 0
as starting values, and it seems it did work around some other bugs at
least.

I'm happy to say that it's not a liveMedia problem at least. :-)

One quick question, what remains to support packing multiple AMR frames
in one RTP packet? AMRAudioRTPSinks 1 frame/packet stream is using
almost twice the amount of bandwidth a hinted 3gp file with the same
audio bitrate is using. And the packets/sec is more than 10 times as
high.

Regards,
Erlend