[Live-devel] where can i get dynamic payload type's implementation mechanism

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 18 01:08:42 PST 2005

At 10:38 PM 11/17/2005, you wrote:
>Hi£º
>      I am study RTSP,RTP,RTCP for some days. when the payload type's
>is dynamic, where could i get the doc for description it.
>          for example: when I use helix to streaming MP3 file, it use
>X-MP3-draft-00.
>where could i get document about X-MP3-draft-00 protocol.

The issue is not that this RTP payload type is
'dynamic' (all RTP payload types defined in the
last few years are dynamic).  The issue is that
the "audio/X-MP3-draft-00" MIME type is a
proprietary hack, defined only by
RealNetworks.  If you want a document that
defines it, you'll have to ask RealNetworks.

However, in this case, the "audio/X-MP3-draft-00"
MIME type is a RTP payload format that's similar
to the (IETF standards track) RFC 3119 payload
format, except that (i) there is only one ADU
frame in each RTP packet, and (ii) there is no
special header in the RTP packet.

The "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code is able to
handle this payload format (by converting the
incoming data to regular MP3 frames).  See "MediaSession.cpp".

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>