[Live-devel] RTP/RTCP startup behaviuor

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 29 08:11:03 PST 2005

>So again - if things should work correctly, the liveMedia library needs to
>change from "guessed" PresentationTime to synchronized PresentationTime
>for ALL elementary streams at exactly the same time (only after the first
>RTCP SRs for all ESs have been received).

No, we won't be doing this, because that would throw away potentially
useful information for the elementary stream(s) that *have* already
been synchronized.

If you want to continue to use a 'guessed' presentation time for an
elementary stream - even after
"RTPSource::hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()" returns True, then just
call "gettimeofday()".

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>